Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chapter 5: List the social statuses you occupy. Which ones are ascribed, and which are achieved? What roles are you expected to play as a consequence of the positions you occupy? How do you resolve possible role conflicts?

i occupy several social statuses.my ascribed social statues are daughter,sister.i'm Muslims black woman that is working hard.my achieve statues  are high school and college student. the rolls that i am expected to play as consequences involve to work hard in college and to help my mother.i will be the first family member to go to college.its hard to balance my school and family and friends, that's where  i get conflicts comes in. for example my family are big family and i'm the oldest of the family. i'm expected to do a lot of the work and helping my single mother.i have to balances out school  my family and friends and work. the way to resolved my conflicts is to have schedule for myself .

No comments:

Post a Comment